|A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
Peltier module - Features & Specifications:
· Model: TEC1-12715.
· Operates Temperature: -40degree to 90degree
· Operates from 0~15.4V DC and 0~15A
· Rated Voltage: 12V
· Rated Current: 15A
· Max power consumption: 165 Watts
· Material: Plastic + ceramics
· Color: White
· Get ice cold in minutes or heat to boiling by simply reversing the polarity, used for numerous applications from CPU coolers to alternate power sources, or even for your own custom car drink warmer/cooler.
· These devices must be used in conjunction with a heat sink to avoid burned
· One side is cooling (Printed model number)and another side is heating (Printed no word) when working.
· Please radiating the heating side, avoid using under no-radiating condition over 2s\Coated with thermal grease when install the device
· Cable length: 20cm
· Dimensions: 1.57 in x 1.57 in x 0.12 in (4.0 cm x 4.0 cm x 0.3 cm)
Before installation, you must provide a dry environment and allow for any condensation from the cold side to drain away and not to come in contact with the operating cell.
Connect the two leads of the Peltier cell to an appropriate power supply and importantly, observe the correct lead polarity and attach an adequate heat-sink with a quality thermal conducting grease applied to the warm side of the cell; you will feel the warm side and the opposite cool side of the operating cell. It is important to identify both the correct lead polarity and the cooling/heating sides of the device.
If you want a greater cooling differential, it is recommended to use two Peltier cells, namely, one stacked above the other with the hot side of the upper cell in contact with the cool side of the lower one; an experiment proved the two stacked cell cooling effect is much better than the single-stage. Similarly a three cell stack produces an even greater temperature differential but requires a larger capacity power supply support.
· Power ON the device only with proper Heat-sink setup to avoid any burning/damage or malfunction of the device!
· Use a good quality heat sink (such as in CPU fans) with thermal paste and power the device.
· Use a 12 VDC Power supply to power the TEC1-12715.
· Use 1A battery for 10-20 seconds to power ON the device to find the hot /cold side.
1 x TEC1 – 12715 Peltier Cooler Heater module.